Saturday, May 3, 2008

Five Months (!!!)

One more month gone, and I still can't believe how fast it's going... The time and the pounds! (And inches!)

As of last Friday, April 25th, I was down to 251.8 lbs, which is 71 lbs lost since December 3rd! I'm also down another 9 inches in a month and a half.

Life has been crazy, I think, this month. And I've definitely been letting too much sugar creep back into my life. Fuck temptation, and honestly, I cannot WAIT till I'm not at home. I mean, I know temptation is EVERYWHERE, but when your brother makes two cakes and a chocolate tart in about a 3 week timespan, I want to just get out of the house. For good. April was my father's birthday and the Orthodox easter, so that explains one cake and the tart. The other cake was made the week before my dad's birthday, because he wanted to make it (and forgot dad's birthday was coming up).

So, even though the weight has been melting off, I still worry like hell that when the "honeymoon phase" is over (8-9 months, I think? or maybe it's anywhere between 6-8 months), I'll be screwed like hell. >.< I mean, I know that "in general", I'm doing well with my eating. But I snack too much and let things creep in. Blah.

Oh, and a few wows. So those pink pants, that I posted about at one point? They're my "Before and After" pants, and before surgery, I could get them on, yes. But it was not very comfortable. About two weeks ago, I tried them on, and WOW.

Those suckers are HUGE on me! You know, I was hoping to possibly wear these comfortably for the summer (pre-op). But now, they're only going to be my before/after pants. Because they're way too big to be worn. :-D And then last night, going through my closet, I tried on a suit jacket I bought in April 2007 (for an internship interview). It's from Avenue, size 32, only worn once, and I tell you, I felt like a kid in his father's suit jacket! I was honestly shocked at how BIG that jacket was. And it felt soooooooo good!

In other news...searching for a summer internship. Lots of fun there! So, this'll be a long story, but oh well. I am looking at some internships, especially in NYC. I have housing there already (yay for friends), and my family can sorta afford it. Well, it depends, but anyway.

So my brother's friend met a girl last summer at an internship in NJ. She now works in Human Resources at Vera Wang, and he told me this. He said she was in charge of hiring Production interns (a bit like product development), and gave me her email. I emailed her in March, she responded, gave me some more info, etc. I followed up in April (MorLove stuff consumed my time otherwise). She told me that she would "love to bring me on". She sent me an application they needed, and I filled it out and sent it back. This was on a Monday. On Wednesday, we talked on the phone - it was confirmed. She said there was no need to come up for an interview because I was so far away. She claimed she had talked to the Production teams, both RTW and Bridal, and that they could use another intern. We discussed definite dates, and she told me if I wanted to come up the week before it started, to come down to the VW office, just for me to let her know. And she told me she needed a transcript (unofficial or official, it didn't matter).

(Senior Vice Pres, I think...) and she would get back to me. So later that afternoon, my brother's friend called me and said he had just gotten a text from his friend (they still talk and such) saying something to the degree of "I just got majorly chewed out by my boss for hiring someone without an interview." So I was nervous, but slowly accepted the fact that I might have to go up for an interview. But then Thursday, I got an email from her basically saying that she 'hired' me without really knowing if they needed me. (That they may not need another intern...WTF?) She said she would have to talk to a higher up in Production Well, a week went by without a word from her. I called her (probably too much, but c'mon!!!). She has never actually called me - the one time I talked to her on the phone, I called her. Otherwise, I've only heard from her via email. Anyway, I finally got something from her on Tuesday, a week and a half after her last email. Basically, the person she needs to talk to has been in China, but she's "pretty sure" they're not hiring another intern. But she offered to forward my resume to a HR manager she knows at Aeropostale, and encouraged me to keep looking for stuff, etc.

So. Yeah. I'm still pissed about the whole situation. But I don't really know if I have any "recourse". Anyway, I've been emailing out my resume and cover letter to a lot of companies, I've heard back from one or two (but NOTHING like VW), we shall see. I'm trying to go up to NYC next week, like May 10th-17th or something, and just schlep around and pass out my resume and stuff. Maybe that would work? It's frustrating...BLAH.

Yeah, that's been my life for the past 2-3 weeks. <3 y'all that actually care. :)

No comments: