Tuesday, May 6, 2008

blah.

After having (or shall I be PC and say "thinking I had"?) the Vera Wang internship and then having it taken away, that whole dream of spending the summer in NYC with a fashion internship is just sorta gone. I still *REALLY* want to go, really want to get an internship, but I've been sending out resumes and cover letters like mad, with only one company responding. They're quite cool, (Indigo Handloom), but I feel like it's a total waste of money to go up to New York for a week for one interview.

And even the idea of going around, passing out resumes, seems sort of bleh. When I first thought about it, seemed pretty easy. But I'm sort of realizing that it's not so easy to just go find companies and go "door-to-door" passing out resumes, hoping for interviews.

I've always realized this industry is tough to break into, but I'm just at the point of "blah"-dom with it. I guess I'm just wanting something that takes a lot of work and I'm not putting enough work into it.

Still...blah. Advice?

1 comment:

xtine said...

Interesting timing.

I dreamt about you last night. You were in Paris on an internship, and I decided on a whim to come visit. The plane ticket from BFE, NC to Paris was like $64. Good times. I was going to only stay a night, and ended up staying with you until you came home. Misha ended up visiting, too.

Then we flew skybus back, which, btw, was rather luxurious. I tried to pay for something in USD on the plane, and they wouldn't take it - they wanted euros.

Crazy dream, but that's the core of it.