Sunday, May 10, 2009

The closest thing to a bento I've created in a while...

I'm a huge fan of bentos, but I'm not really great at creating them. But, my foods I prepared for tomorrow just happened to have a sort of cute, bento-esque look to them



Breakfast is two giant strawberries and roll ups - buffalo sliced chicken and pepper jack cheese. (Along with a piece of lettuce to divide the sweet and savory.) Goldfish crackers and nonfat pomegranate greek yogurt are the snacks. Lunch is marinated shrimp that I quick broiled in my toaster oven (which was freakin awesome) and a bunch of fresh sugar snap peas. I also mixed up some leftover marinade with greek yogurt for a dressing/dipping sauce.

What was the marinade? It's leftover from the curry I made two weeks ago (and was still tasty). "Puree of ginger, garlic, cilantro, onion, a seeded jalapeno, soy sauce, ketchup and brown sugar." So, just dressed the shrimp with salt and pepper and spooned the marinade over the shrimp liberally, popped them on my foil-lined, oiled toaster oven pan and broiled for ~10. The marinade was also added to greek yogurt, and dressed up with lime zest and juice, salt and pepper. Mmmmm!

Now...can anyone stop Monday morning from arriving? Please?!

No comments: