Monday, May 11, 2009

Broiled baby bok choy and burning flesh

Tonight was going so well...until the stupid pasta! Those of you who know me know that at times, I don't have the strongest "street smarts". Tonight, I chose to attempt to break noodles in half that were already in a pot of water. Of course, the noodles that fell into the pot splashed up nicely on my left hand (and a bit on my right) and I'm not a happy camper.

I knew I didn't need those noodles... But they seemed like a good idea! I made broiled baby bok choy with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. To absorb the leftover dressing from the bok choy after cooking, I thought I'd toss them with pasta and top with some parmesan.

It was yummy and very easy, but I'm still bummed about my idiocy with boiling water.

Um, want a recipe for the bok choy? Mkay... Cut baby bok choy bunches in half. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and 2-3 cloves garlic diced fine. Put on preheated pan, broil for 5-10 minutes. Toss with pasta, or not, and eat.

I don't know what the bok choy has it in, but I swear my body must be craving it because I totally destroyed two big bunches of baby bok choy in two days!

No comments: