Friday, March 27, 2009

some morning humor (or not)

What does ATM spell backward (and reflect)? MTA! Ba-dum-chink!

A not-so-funny joke for New Yorkers. The MTA is raising prices by 30% across the board while cutting service and jobs. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind cutting back on two meals out to afford the rise, but the service cuts and lack of safety and cleanliness from fewer employees is dangerous.

I think bailouts aren't usually the best bet, but the state government needs to realize the downward spiral that these cuts could cause.

All of this also makes apartment hunting even more difficult - I need to do some research on what lines are being cut all together or severely reduced. Fuuun stuff, eh?

2 comments:

xtine said...

eh?

I had no idea you were rooming with canadians.

emily said...

Oh hush. I'm pretty sure you were the first one to use "oot and aboot" on me. :-P