Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day!

So I'm officially settled in in Astoria! And tomorrow is my first day at my internship. Eeeek, can you say nervous?

My apartment is definitely awesome. The landlord left a bit too much of her shit sitting around, so we're dealing with that, but it's a good space. I'm also adjusting to the weather - inside and out. Our apartment is a tad cold, but that's what ConEd does. 70 from 5am-11am, 68 from 11am-5pm, 70 from 5pm-11pm, 68 from 11pm-5am. But we have lots of (nice) tile in the apartment, which makes it particularly cold.

My roommates are sweet girls and I think whatever kinks we have, they'll be worked out. We all seem pretty open, so issues will be taken care of as they happen, I hope!

I work 9am-6pm five days a week. It takes 10 minutes from my front door to the subway platform, probably about 30 minutes on the subway, and then the Empire State Building isn't more than a 10 minute walk from my stop at Herald Square. Not wanting to be late tomorrow, I'll probably leave at 8am, and being the prepared dork I am, I'm setting my clock for 6am.

So, I'm heading to bed now...or as soon as I stop letting the Grammys distract me. And after I figure out what I'm wearing. I hate that I question everything - clothes, purse choice, shoes, everything. I mean, I want to carry my larger dark red purse, but then I'm not sure if it's too big. Or if the red will clash with the brighter red of my coat. Or blah blah blah. Stupid, but I'm never quite confidently decisive on days like this. >.<

No comments: