Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So.........Guess what?!

I had my interview with Indigo Handloom on Friday instead of Wednesday (a mix-up on their part). And yesterday, I got an email from my contact saying they want me as an intern!!! Woo hoo!!!

It's only two days a week, on Thursdays and Fridays, but I am super excited. Tentatively, they want me to start next week, so, yeah, craziness! I'm looking at plane (and Amtrak) tickets right now, I don't know which is best. Especially since all these airlines are charging $25-$50 per extra bag, and it's sort of difficult to pack for three months in NYC with ONE bag.

I only wish my dad had been a bit more excited/happy about the prospects. Last night, he was just sort of like "Well, if that's what you want to do...". No big "Congrats" (or more likely "Mabrook" (arabic)). So I'm definitely feeling guilty, because I know this is a big financial strain... But I don't think it would make a difference to him if I attempted to explain how much the experience will make a difference on my resume in the long run.

So, I'm happy, excited, anxious, and a bit guiltful for all of this. I have no idea how to pack for these three months - Indigo Handloom has no real 'dress code', my contact just said to dress comfortably. But still... three months in NYC? How does one prepare for that?!

No comments: