Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quite a delayed reaction

I'm quite remiss not to mention this sooner.


As the world knows, Alexander McQueen passed away, or more accurately, committed suicide last Thursday. Not to get melodramatic, but I can't quite put into words what he has done for the industry. Very few designers are true artists, and even fewer continue to be artists as their careers blossom, but he truly did.

I greatly enjoy fashion, but don't write or reflect about it enough. [Even with my degree, I consider myself more the type of person that sits back and observes casually. I do want to change that now that I am creating on a daily basis.] But he was one creative mind that you couldn't ignore on the runway or the red carpet. (Thank you, Lady Gaga, among others.) I hope that whatever is developed under his name from here on out respects and represents the genius McQueen showed during his life.

No comments: