Thursday, April 2, 2009

yummm...pizza!

Another foodie post for me!



Tortilla pizza a la Eggface
1 tortilla (this is burrito sized because that's all I can find around here, Mission low carb/whole wheat)
tomato sauce - I used Newman's Own tomato basil
lots of cheese - I used TJ's lite three cheese blend, along with fresh grated parm on top
2 leftover turkey meatballs (see previous post)
a few slices of [turkey] pepperoni
caramelized onions
optional - roasted garlic

I rubbed the roasted garlic on the tortilla before anything was added. spoon sauce, add cheese, meatball slices, pepperoni, caramelized onions, top with some more cheese and italian blend herbs and red pepper flakes. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

The basis of this recipe is totally Michelle's (Eggface), but the great thing about the tortilla pizza is that it's a vehicle for leftovers, just like a quesadilla. I really love cooked onions, and I have a feeling it's gonna be yummy. It's for lunch and dinner tomorrow, so I haven't tried it.

If you want to know how to caramelize onions, google it. ;) You can do it on the stove, in the oven or even a large batch in a slow cooker. I just sliced up less than half a large onion, put it in hot olive oil and turned it down to medium-medium low. I let it chill, stirring every 5-10 minutes, on low. You could just saute the onions quicker if impatient.

OH, one other note - we got the apartment!!!!!! Holy crap I don't know how I'm going to afford this month - moving, furniture, etc. But...we shall see...

No comments: