Thursday, September 25, 2008

A rant caused by me...

So I realize I'm the one that let this happen, but it pisses me off.

I'm tired of being the good daughter, and getting guilt-tripped into stuff by my mom.

So, Saturday I'm working with Phi Psi to raise money by ripping ticket stubs at the football game at NCSU. The game's kickoff is 7:30pm, we have to be at the stadium at 5pm. We won't get out of there till 10:30 or 11pm, if not later.

Sunday, my cousin is having a Christening for his son in Greensboro. It starts at 1, but with my "situation", I'd have to take the 7am Amtrak out of Raleigh, and take the 7pm Amtrak out of Greensboro to get back here to Raleigh around 8:40pm.

So, I find out the kickoff time for the game this weekend, call my mom to talk to her today. She basically gives me the guilt trip "There will be lots of family there you don't normally get to see." and "You can nap on the train and once you get here, it doesn't start till 1." Basically, my mom wants me there, in my opinion, to show me and my weight loss off in all its glory. Which, great, mom, I love you. I love that you support me. But really, I. Don't. Give. A. Fuck. about showing off to this "family" that I really don't care that much about.

There's so much social bullshit to the Arabs and Greeks, and I hate being the "good" daughter and doing it. I mean, I've gotten out of a lot of stuff because of school before, but this weekend, I don't actually have massive amounts of work to do. It's just going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck because I'm probably going to be up till midnight Saturday and then have to haul ass to get up and get to the train station by 6:30am Sunday morning.

Waaaah. Can someone give me my (non-existant) balls back?

No comments: