Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Heh..sorry...

Last few weeks of internship + New York City + family being in NYC + moving back to Greensboro + moving back to Raleigh + start of the new semester = an insanely busy Emily.

Some highlights? Well, I'll start with NYC.
Seeing Missy Higgins live
Seeing Janelle Monae, an awesome up-and-coming hip hop artist live. (Along with some other very good jazz and R&B artists.) In Central Park. For free.
Having my family in NYC.
Seeing my aunt for the first time in about 3 years.
Getting a free garment from Indigo Handloom. :)
Being RELEASED by my endocrinologist on August 13th.
Down 100+ lbs! Just weighed today and I'm at 219.6!!!
Having people tell you all-the-friggin-time how good you look. (Seriously, people, it's great. I mean, maybe not 24/7 for the rest of my life, but really...)
Seeing all of my absolutely amazing, fantastic, incredibly lovable Raleigh folks.
Schmoozing with industry people.
Getting a mini-interview at a very well-known, Los Angeles-based fashion design company for tomorrow afternoon. Nothing major, but it's damn well a step in the right direction!

So...life is nice. It's crazy, but nice. How is it that twelve hours of class is kicking my ass just as badly as 16-18 hours used to? (Not that I was ever good at taking more than 15 or 16 hours in a semester.) The only thing I might be missing is a date every once in a while. But I'm starting slowly. I can't necessarily expect to return to Raleigh and have my forever non-existant love life to spring into wealth. ;-)

No comments: