Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's been a long time...

Sorry ladies and gents, I have been meaning to make another post every week, and it gets put on the backburner.

I have a bit of a headache tonight (I'm getting over a cold from last week), so I just wanted to do a short update.

I finally did my measurements for 3.5 months...So I didn't lose as many inches this past month, but I realize things are going to slow down. Last weight at the gym was 266lbs, and that's with my sneakers on!

Another non-RNY update, and the main reason I've been so friggin busy that I've ignored my blog, is that I've been working on stuff for MorLove. Basically, MorLove is a group of NC State students, some that design and some that do logistics and other things. The designers refashion donated fabrics and garments into new apparel, jewelry, and home wares. We had a fashion show this past weekend in Raleigh. I made/altered 4 garments - a skirt and 3 dresses - for the show.



So yeah, that's consumed my life for a while now...And by the day of the show, I had no voice. Thursday I woke up with a runny nose, and it went downhill from there. Today, I'm just now feeling decent. But still not 100%

On the bright side, from our show on Saturday, MorLove raised $1350 for the Amani Baby Cottage in Jinja, Uganda!!! That's our charity/focus for MorLove, and all the items made are for sale after the show and at Beleza (fair trade boutique in Raleigh, NC). My model, Sarah Jane, loved her blue and white dress so much, she bought it. The other items are still up for sale. ;) We had over 300 people at the show, and it was simply fantastic. So I am so insanely happy to let MorLove consume a few weeks of my life. It's a wonderful cause and the girl that started it is just... it's her heart and soul, and all I've wanted to see from its creation (two years ago) was success.

No comments: